Little update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
Long post, sorry in advance =). Just an update on how things are going.

Well, I got the new scale (one that worked after getting one that didnt). Thor weighs about 46g. So I imagine when I first weighed him, that my scale was way off, which I thought as much.

He is 4-5 months old. Was supposedly 3-4 months old when I got him. According to the only growth chart I ever saw, it seems he should be around 50-55g at 5 months old and 45-50 at 4 months old. Is this ok he only weighs 46g? He does feel like a rock in my hand at least. He eats ALMOST everything I give him and then tries to forage food himself outside, he's really active, drinks etc.

He is 61mm SCL and 46mm wide. Good proportion?

I'll have to weigh him weekly, as I can now weigh him correctly to see how much he puts on in a week etc. Now I weighed him after his 2nd meal, and he went to 50g. He did drink a bit of water too, took some long drinks. Is 4g of food/water too much, too little?

He always seems to be looking for more, even not finishing a few things on his dish (usually only 3-4 smaller pieces of random things).

His grass/weed mix is growing well. I did the container im putting in his indoor enclosure (35"x16"x6" tall), and a smaller container I can pick things from to feed him, about 18"x18". However looking at the plants growing, it seems like only 3-4 types of weed have grown. No clover, and there's supposed to be like 2-3 types of that in there. Which honestly is good, I have enough in my backyard anyways and I don't want him to eat too much anyhow.

He did eat some grass, which I was happy about, but isn't too interested in one of the weeds, which happens to be the one that sprouted the most. Oh well though, it'll stay there and maybe he'll eat it or have something to crawl through etc.

Anyways thanks in advance for any response.

Status
Not open for further replies.