Live plant help

Stephenxiii

Location (City and/or State)
Glasgow
So I’ve purchased some plants for my lil dude (Russian)
They are obviously edible and will be used for feeding but can I keep them in the enclosure and let him eat away when he wants or am I best keeping them separate and only feed when required

Attachments

• IMG_6625.png
    IMG_6625.png
    236 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6624.png
    IMG_6624.png
    243.5 KB · Views: 1

theodorejr

Austria
hi! incase of being scared of "overfeeding" u dont have to worry about them and keep them in the enclosure all the time, since theyre natural grazers and will eat during the day and they usually know when to stop.

but if u wonder about if the plants recover u can remove them after they ate much off them so u can pot it and let it grow again on the balcony or somewhere else and when they have grosn again u can put them back in. or if u buy 2 of each u can always switch them out so the plant can recover.
this mostly happens with golliwoog tho since the torts LOOOVEEE to destroy them by eating everything off it and then its very hard for the plant to recover 😂

S2G

AL
Id keep my main food supply separate personally. Theyll just mow that down in no time. Then youll be back to square one. My main plants are safe, but more line of sight cover type plants. I let the weeds grow in during spring before the get active. Once theyre full on alert they annihilate those quick & im back to foraging.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
As for the ferns and sedge - I doubt, they will be chomped to death. Put them in pots and leave in the enclosure. Spider plant have all chances to be torn apart and eaten. Keep it outside and let it start producing "plantlets". Repot the plantlets, 2-3 in a single pot for more density and put them in the enclosure. Opuntia pad may take a year to start growing new pads, so I will just feed it little by a little - it can be stored for a long time at room temperature.