Liver function problems :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
JoesMum said:
Update from the vet: Joe is "more settled" and clearly doesn't think he's ill enough to be held captive at the vet. As a result he's being sent home with his medication tomorrow.

I'll find out more about his treatment when I get there... they think there'll be less stress if he's being treated as an out-patient. I'm not sure whose stress they are relieving... Joe's or theirs!

Good news though :)

Thats great news, Linda! Keep us posted.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
He's home :) No more injections, just powder that has to be sprinkled on food and another appointment in a fortnight.

The vet says the liver problem is mild and there is no serious disease to worry about.

It would appear that an excess of testosterone is probably the root cause... Joe's constant pacing is indicative of him looking for females and because of it he's not eating or drinking enough.

Getting a female would probably make Joe worse... you've all seen the threads on male Testudo (Russians, Greeks, etc) harassing females!

The vet says he may have to resort to an implant to reduce Joe's sex drive! He is an experienced zoo vet and has done this to reptiles including tortoises and a very aggressive Bearded Dragon.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not sure how I missed this thread. Anyway, so glad things are looking good, hope they continue. Good luck:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That's great news it's not a serious liver disease. So glad he's home. I hope things turn out great, and he doesnt have to get the implant.

EKLC

5 Year Member
I'm so glad to hear that. I have been checking this thread hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.