Lizard on the deck, chillin

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Went out to put dinner on the grill and saw a bunch of skinks, males and females....those are 5.25" deck boards, plus 1/4" gap, he is impressive and one of our largers here. He didn't seem to mind the 20 pics to get this one, yeah my bar is low on photography. LOL

View attachment 356233
Oh that is fantastic. I love the whole skink family and we don't have that type here. So neat to see a new species that I don't know. I'd name this one "Kinky" after its tail. I feed my local ones roaches and they tame down within one or two feedings, to where they will come take food from my hand.

Thanks for posting!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
How cool! We have desert iguanas here that get pretty large, but nothing like skinks! I wish they would come to CA! At least I have my BTS, even if she wants nothing to do with me and hides when she sees me. 🥺

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I love that we have a bunch of them here, have since I moved in. For years I had assumed that the larger ones were the females.....I was wrong. The big brown males will get reddish heads in the summer. They are also very territorial and will chase the younger 5 line's away. I have a massive deck on the entire rear of the home, wood lattice below with a sunroom plopped in the middle and the lizards use the decks as a playground.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
We have lots of anoles including the fabulous Jamaica giant green anole. And lots of geckos that are called Croaking Lizards here and are greatly feared and hated by many people, unfortunately.