Looking for a simple tortoise table irrigation system

Andrea M

5 Year Member
I am looking at the possibility of setting up a sub soil irrigation system for Hokies table. He is on coco choir which suits him perfectly as he can bury himself right down in it but it dries out quickly despite watering with the central heating and his lamps. I live in the uk and temperatures are dropping to -2 outside at the moment so an outside enclosure is not an option in my opinion at present. Does anyone have any ideas? I am looking for something simple. At the moment I am pouring in jugs of water and mixing the substrate around which is ok but can be messy and sometimes a little disturbing for Hokie. I am only looking for advice on irrigation systems not on how to house him, thanks x

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
My irrigation is a large cup and a sink.
Fill up the cup, walk to the cage, fill dish and water plants, walk back to sink and repeat. :p:D

Andrea M

5 Year Member
Brilliant answer Tffnytorts, lol x [FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES][FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE][FACE THROWING A KISS]

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
I bought an insecticide sprayer from a home improvement store. It holds 8 litres. Every evening I pump it up and spray down the enclosures. Some of the torts enjoy it and others run and hide but they stay humid, lol.