Table vs VIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cian mg

5 Year Member
Hi I have two Herman tortoises one is 7 years old and the other 4 and I am looking to buy a new enclosure I am stuck between buying a small table or a large Vivarium I am looking at a vivexotic viv Length x depth x height: 115cm x 61cm x 43cm or a table with Dimensions: 920mm x 460mm x 260mm
My house does have low humidity never really had a problem with high humidity in a viv but should i go for space or the air thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome to the Forum!!

Because your two tortoises are not in their first year of life, and a lot of humidity isn't mandatory, I'd go with the tort table. You can build a much bigger table than you can find a large plastic bin or aquarium. And if you find that you need more humidity in the table, you can always cover or partially cover it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I don't think either one of those is large enough for your tortoise. A viv or a table can work, but you need to go bigger. Its not hard to maintain only moderate humidity in a Viv, and an open table can have a humid hide to offer a more humid area to hang out in if your house humidity is very low. Either system will work, you'll just need to make some minor adjustments to get it just right.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Access and humidity ..............both factor in for a give and take .

Status
Not open for further replies.