Looking for online website for new enclosure.

Skzovoo

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles California
Hello there my name is Samara and I got a baby sulcata tortoise January of this year and before getting one I did my research on YouTube and thought that was i needed to know little did I know that I did my research wrong. My room is very small and my parents where NOT about to get me a concrete mixing time which was what everyone on YouTube said to get so my parents got me a glass tank for my sulcata “he’s to small right now when he gets being then we get the tub” I knew what I was doing was wrong keeping a sulcata tortoise in a glass tank with a dry environment and little space. I ask people on r/ tortoise on Reddit and they all send me here and told me I was a bad care taker so I been trying to find any websites that sell good tortoise enclosures please help me.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
@Markw84 builds and sells them. They will only last about two years maybe 3 years of age for a properly cared for sulcata and then he will need to live outside 24/7.
An aquarium is not a bad start for a hatchling as long as it's a big enough one. Sulcatas need a high, 80% humidity and be in a closed chamber to grow smooth and properly.

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
I am so sorry about the negative comments about your caretaking. You sadly found many of the same videos I found.
I wanted to get a smart enclosure but of a tortoise to use for a year I couldn't justify the money for it. Instead I saw it recommended on here about using greenhouses. I bought a 4x8 raised bed greenhouse. It is not perfect but it is amazing at keeping temperatures and humidity where it needs to be. Here is one type that comes in multiple sizes. 4x8 would be the best size but you could easily get away with the 3x6 for awhile.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09H5G3CC8/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, the greenhouses I have used and recommended many times. They are a great inexpensive closed chamber with a few modifications.