Looking for Sulcata

Forester

I am looking for a sulcata tortoise that is 2 yrs old or older in Texas. It would be possible for me to pay shipping if the tortoise is the right one for me. I would love to have a tort that does well around other animals and is not aggressive. I have a senior Jack Russek Terrier and two senior outdoor cats. I also have two milk snakes but they are in securely enclosed tanks. Once again I would love to have a sulcata tortoise and any help finding one would be greatly appreciated.

Forester

Good point but he is 8 and very lazy, plus a friend has a tortoise that is 13 and he said as long as I keep an eye on both of them, it should be okay. Also he is mainly an inside pet.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Are you in America? lots of folks with Sulcatas get scared when they start getting huge and want to pass them on to a new home.
If so, try CRAIGSLIST.

Forester

Yes I am in Texas, thanks for the tip! I appreciate your input and advice .

Laurie tortoise

I have a nice Sultana I am considering re homing. I have yet to discuss with my family. I've had him since 99 or so. I'd have to look it up. I have original paper work. He was a hatchling when I bought him for my son. I've raised him with dogs, cats and ducks and no problems at all for him or the other animsls. I live in crntral Washington.

kirsty Johnston

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
Just on a side note I also have a jack Russell who is 12 years old and he still goes for my tortoise. I can't let them near each other under any circumstances as I'm well aware of what will happen.
It's none of my business but Sulcatas need a lot of room and you need to make sure they have there space away from each other. I wouldn't even trust going to the corner shop for a pint of milk whilst leaving my tort and dog in the same room. So make sure you are prepared. Good luck