Looking into a new friend.

XODARRIN

Location (City and/or State)
Colton California
If anyone knows or is selling young tortoises that are fit for desert climate, please message me. I am looking to taking in a new tortoise to adopt and be with all the time!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
How about you do some research and decide what species you want? Read the care sheets on each of the different species to see what their requirements are, how big they get, etc. Then compare what they need to what you are able/willing to provide.

This is how you decide on a tortoise, not just what somebody might have.

Do you have any experience with tortoises? Do you know that they are somewhat expensive to maintain and house?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It might also be a good idea to read the FAQ section here on the Forum.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If anyone knows or is selling young tortoises that are fit for desert climate, please message me. I am looking to taking in a new tortoise to adopt and be with all the time!
Any species can be kept anywhere in the world with enough time, money and effort. We could make better suggestions with a little more info. Do you want a smaller species, medium, or a giant? Does personality matter? Do you have the space for an indoor enclosure? How much space do you have for an outdoor enclosure? How important is it to you to keep the yard looking nice?