Looking To Adopt or Rescue Redfoots, Boxies or Leopard Torts

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
Looking To Adopt or Rescue either Redfoots or Boxies. I have lots of experience. Will also consider Leopard Torts. Im a 10yr member here . I moved and have about 3 acres to house them outside depending on size or if there younger I have proper set up until there big enough to be outdoors full time. I live in Castroville, Texas.

Greg50

Richmond, Virginia
Hi Sissyofone, we have redfoot tortoise, 8-10 years old. He's outgrown his space, and we don't have any way to get him more space. We are happy to get him to a good home. It sounds like you may have the space. I worry about racoons and foxes, which are abundant here in Richmond. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Greg

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Hi Sissyofone, we have redfoot tortoise, 8-10 years old. He's outgrown his space, and we don't have any way to get him more space. We are happy to get him to a good home. It sounds like you may have the space. I worry about racoons and foxes, which are abundant here in Richmond. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Greg
Hi and Thank You so much. I'm in Castroville Texas not sure on shipping fees to me. I'd love to him however. I'm driving at moment heading home. I can be bk in touch soon. Thank you so much.

Greg50

Richmond, Virginia
Hi Sissyofone, sounds great. Where would you keep him? How do you protect them from predators when they are outside. We worry about raccoons and foxes, among others (Coyotes? cats?). I'm happy to ship him to you although I've never done that. Not sure packaging, special shipping instructions (keep him out of heat, cold, how long it takes?). Let me know if you have experience. Thanks, Greg

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Hi Sissyofone, sounds great. Where would you keep him? How do you protect them from predators when they are outside. We worry about raccoons and foxes, among others (Coyotes? cats?). I'm happy to ship him to you although I've never done that. Not sure packaging, special shipping instructions (keep him out of heat, cold, how long it takes?). Let me know if you have experience. Thanks, Greg
Hi I would keep him indoors in the winter. I have a heated garage also. As far as outside is concerned. I have a 20 ×60 side yard that's completely fenced off with a tortoise house that has a locking door. He would be inside the tort house at night for safety reasons. And roaming in enclosure in the daytime. I have experience with this type of tort and many others . I had Reds before and Sulcattas. I just had to take some time off due to moving and me getting set up at my OWN Place.

Greg50

Richmond, Virginia
Hi I would keep him indoors in the winter. I have a heated garage also. As far as outside is concerned. I have a 20 ×60 side yard that's completely fenced off with a tortoise house that has a locking door. He would be inside the tort house at night for safety reasons. And roaming in enclosure in the daytime. I have experience with this type of tort and many others . I had Reds before and Sulcattas. I just had to take some time off due to moving and me getting set up at my OWN Place.
Hi Again, this sounds great. I'm happy to send him to you. Someone from California gave me advice to pack him with a lot of crushed up newspaper, putting him in a pillow case, and sending him fedex. Does that sound reasonable?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hi Again, this sounds great. I'm happy to send him to you. Someone from California gave me advice to pack him with a lot of crushed up newspaper, putting him in a pillow case, and sending him fedex. Does that sound reasonable?
Hello!
In this thread you can find shipping and packing advice and planning:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/n...-baby-sulcata-utah.212441/page-2#post-2107942 (follow down from the post I've linked - there are more insights). Shipping via FedEx is a two-way arrangement between sender and receiving party - you can discuss it here (for future reference and some hints from experienced members). Good luck!

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
You would want to go through shipmyreptiles.com Check with them because they supply all shipping materials and it's done overnight. You don't want him sitting in a warehouse over the weekend. shipmyreptiles.com only ships on certain days. But I would be glad to have him and provide him with a good home. You should probably give him a soak before you ship him also. Just check with the company I mentioned and let me know what I need to do. Thank you

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Hello, Was wondering if you found anything out about shipping? And also would like to know about his diet? Do you feed Mazuri? Also could you post some photos please. Let me know what's going on so I know what to expect. Thank you again.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Did you find him a n̈ew home? I haven't herd back and was curious to know. Thanks