Hello from Savannah GA-Looking Greek Tortoise

Shane1016

Location (City and/or State)
GA
Hello, my sons and I are interested in a Greek tortoise. Possibly two of them. I have not been able to find any information on local retailers other than Petsmart, etc. I would like to purchase from someone knowledgeable and reputable, as well as ethical would appreciate any insights if anybody knows anyone in the Savannah area that would be a potential retailer, if not what are some of the other best alternatives for purchase? Thank you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello, my sons and I are interested in a Greek tortoise. Possibly two of them. I have not been able to find any information on local retailers other than Petsmart, etc. I would like to purchase from someone knowledgeable and reputable, as well as ethical would appreciate any insights if anybody knows anyone in the Savannah area that would be a potential retailer, if not what are some of the other best alternatives for purchase? Thank you!
Don't buy from a retailer. You are likely to get terrible advice, the wrong products and an unhealthy tortoise. Buy from a breeder that starts them correctly.

Tyler from tortoisesupply.com breeds lots of them annually and he's a good guy. Also, buying two is fine, but house them separately. They should never live together as a pair. More care info here and look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom:

Last edited:

Shane1016

GA
Don't buy from a retailer. You are likely to get terrible advice, the wrong products and an unhealthy tortoise. Buy from a breeder that starts them correctly.

Tyler from tortoisesupply.com breeds lots of them annually and he's a good guy. Also, buying two is fine, but house them separately. They should never live together as a pair. More care info here and look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom:
Thank you! Good advice. I’m currently in talks with Chris from Hermanni Haven.