Looking to rehome my Female Russian Tortoise (Virginia/Pennsylvania Area)

PokeyTheTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Fairfax, VA
I am looking to rehome my adult female Russian tortoise. I don't know exactly how old she is, but I would say somewhere between 18-22. I got her for Christmas 5 years ago and I want to rehome her to someone who can take better care of her than I can. When I first got Pokey, I was still in high school, and I hadn't done any research or long-term thinking. She lives indoors, in a tank that is too small for her with a heat lamp that isn't up to par. I give her water and food almost every day, but I don't soak her all that often. I plan on going to the vet at some point to make sure she hasn't developed any health issues. I am hoping to find someone who can give her the love and care she deserves, love and care I can't give at this point in my life. If interested, please let me know how much experience you have with tortoises, with details about the care you can provide her-- I don't want to rehome her to someone who will make the same mistake I did. I live in the Northern Virginia area, but I am willing to make a drive if it means she gets a better home. It breaks my heart to have to let go of her, but I know it is better for her in the long run. Please reach out to me if you have any further questions.

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
I am looking to rehome my adult female Russian tortoise. I don't know exactly how old she is, but I would say somewhere between 18-22. I got her for Christmas 5 years ago and I want to rehome her to someone who can take better care of her than I can. When I first got Pokey, I was still in high school, and I hadn't done any research or long-term thinking. She lives indoors, in a tank that is too small for her with a heat lamp that isn't up to par. I give her water and food almost every day, but I don't soak her all that often. I plan on going to the vet at some point to make sure she hasn't developed any health issues. I am hoping to find someone who can give her the love and care she deserves, love and care I can't give at this point in my life. If interested, please let me know how much experience you have with tortoises, with details about the care you can provide her-- I don't want to rehome her to someone who will make the same mistake I did. I live in the Northern Virginia area, but I am willing to make a drive if it means she gets a better home. It breaks my heart to have to let go of her, but I know it is better for her in the long run. Please reach out to me if you have any further questions.

If you were closer, and if I had something to house her indoors I'd be willing. Mine live outside year round and winter is around the corner.