Looky, looky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
My husband sat me down yesterday afternoon and told me he had somewhere he wanted to bring me. He's been working a few towns over and knew of a reptile store I did not!

Baby leopards, with hides, on coir/sand, big walk in water dish, nicely taken care of...Our anniversary is coming up, so he told me to pick out my present from the leo's :D

While I was trying to decide between two of them, hubby told the owner to box them BOTH up for us. I'm now the proud owner of two baby Leopard Tortoises!

They both ate when we brought them home, explored then sacked out. This morning I soaked them for 20 minutes, they ate some dandelion breakfast, and are sleeping again! I am very excited about our new additions and will probably be asking more questions then ever.

spring2010121.jpg

spring2010120.jpg

I'll be posting more individual pictures soon!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Wow Sarah...are you a lucky gal! I would love to have a husband like that. Congrats...they are beautiful!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I know that in the pet store, the animals are set up "for sale" and not in a more permanent-type habitat, but your experience just goes to show us that how well they are set up determines how well-adjusted they are when you bring them home. Kuddo's to that pet store for doing right by the tortoises!!! And, congratulations on your anniversary.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Thank you for the anniversary wishes. I guess after 15 years of marriage he's adopted the "if you can't beat em, join em" philosophy with me and animals! He love the torts too, and calls to ask how the "kids" are doing.

I have a lighting/timer question. Is it 12 and 12 of light/heat? Should I set the timer to come on at 7am, and off at 7pm? Our house is never below 70 degrees at night...I know their little sleep schedule it all mucked up.

flapjack torts

5 Year Member
Wow! Congrats to you! They are adorable! Torts are WAY better then getting a watch! (my opinion anyway) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.