Lost a tortoise please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovetortoise

5 Year Member
Hello everyone. I am from singapore, and have 2 res tortoise previously but one died last saturday, now my bigger one is lost, when i got back from school , i couldnt find it anywhere. Houses in singapore have corriders, is it possible for them to escape the house? The hole below ny door is quite big, but because of not measuring its size i am not sure if he did really squeeze out of the house using the door hole, i flipped everywhere but just couldnt find!! It has been 1day around 5hours, please tell me what can i do!! I just lost one and didnt wish to lost another..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Yes it is possible, they are great escape artists, the only thing you can really do sadly is wait and see.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry for you. Put flyers up of a lost turtle and a number they can contact you. If someone finds it and doesn't know where it belongs, they won't be able to get it back to you. Good luck

ilovetortoise

5 Year Member
I dont think any of my neighbours would like to catch a tortoise.. They hate it.. What can i do now if it is in my house? Like how do i lure it out...

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
ilovetortoise said:
I dont think any of my neighbours would like to catch a tortoise.. They hate it.. What can i do now if it is in my house? Like how do i lure it out...

Try putting some really sweet smelling fruit on a try on the floor. If he's close by, he'll smell it and come after it. That would be my first option.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi ilovetortoise:

Welcome to the Forum!!

Your RES is a water turtle and probably would be very interested in eating some sort of "meat." I would try putting down a plate of canned cat food because it has a strong smell.

I hope you find your turtle.

What would you like us to call you?

joez1200

5 Year Member
Lufkin, TX
I would like to thank all of you for the replies :) I saw her in the middle of the road so I picked her up. She seems very friendly and is a very cool pet :D.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Red ear slider turtles do not really eat/swallow out of water. They should probably also not be left to wander the house. They can be kept reasonably in a large tank, stock tank, or pond. Water access should be constant. A platform or other means for basking and drying out at the animal's discretion is also well-advised.

Status
Not open for further replies.