Lost Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam Owen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bloomington Indiana
I just lost my 9 month year old Sully outside for close to 30 mins in the dark! Thank heaven's I found the little rascal under a fern! I have never been so scarred in my life, I don't know wat I would have done without my little buddy, I just hope that anyone who has ever lost there tortoise recovers quickly from there loss and has as minimum suffering as possible.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know your 30 minute heart attack. Last year I would lose my leopard every day he was outside. I knew there was no way he could get out of his enclosure, but the panic rushed in anyway.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Lost Sue

wellington said:
I know your 30 minute heart attack. Last year I would lose my leopard every day he was outside. I knew there was no way he could get out of his enclosure, but the panic rushed in anyway.

This, right here, has been me too!

I would get to the point of looking outside the enclosure too cuz I just couldn't find him. Then hubby would come help his sobbing wife and find the "missing" tortoise in minutes... :rolleyes:

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I lost my babe a few months ago for about 5 hours. I was totally and completely heartbroken. Luckily I found her in the neighbors yard under their deck. I never let her loose in the yard again. She's too small.

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

jeffstort

5 Year Member
I have to keep an eye on my russian tort at all times he is a escape artist

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Yep. Been there. Gomez gave me a mild heart attack last week. I was convinced he'd climbed out of his enclosure and started looking around the yard frantically. Hubby found him in his enclosure, nestled under some grass. Sometimes that natural camo just works too well.

knighterson

5 Year Member
Our 15 month sully disappeared about a month ago too. We have a fully walled in yard with no way of escape and we searched and searched but could not find him and finally gave into the idea that he had figured out some crazy way of escape. 4 days later he suddenly appeared on the patio, sitting right where he gets fed just waiting. still have no idea where he was. Glad yours was found, it's a terrible feeling.

abclements

5 Year Member
I thought I lost mine in his indoor enclosure lol couldn't find him anywhere! I went through the checklist, all his hiding spots, his soaking bowl, I even scoured the house for an hour looking for him! So I then rechecked the enclosure and noticed a slight little mound under one of my fake plants! And there he was, completely buried! You couldn't even see the top of his shell!

Sent from my LG-P769 using TortForum mobile app

9see

10 Year Member!
Arizona
i know that feeling! Its terrible i once lost my patita when he was a year old. my brothers dog got to him and burried him under a pile of grass and leaves!! took me about 4-5 hrs to find him. i went nuts looking for him in my parents big backyard. i even called crying to my best friend, my brother and nephew to come and help me find him. they all came and i ended up finding him! Since then i've always kept a good eye on him!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Team Gomberg said:
wellington said:

This, right here, has been me too!

I would get to the point of looking outside the enclosure too cuz I just couldn't find him. Then hubby would come help his sobbing wife and find the "missing" tortoise in minutes... :rolleyes:

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

This kind of reminds me of "Mary lost her little lambs" story. She would lose one or all everyday until Tomtom would find them for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.