Lost tortoise

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Walnut Creek, Ca
I had a large party here Saturday so I brought both my male and female Russians inside for safe keeping. They were both inside their enclosures and I had a simple wire lock on both. I thought that with the sign saying please do not touch would be enough. I was wrong. At some point in the night SOMEONE took them both out and set them to roam the yard. There were 65-70 people here coming and going and drinking. It may have been several hours before we figured it out and it was night at that point. I'm so mad!!!
After an hour we found the female but me male is MIA. He's now lost in an 1/2 acre of roaming space, he could easily fit under one of the fences and I'm freaking out.
I don't know who did it but I have strong suspicions. I think it was the same boy that went into my sons room and started smashing Easter eggs on his wall (plastic Easter eggs), and the same boy that went into my daughters room and took every price of clothing out of her closet and put them in a pile on the floor to jump in. I didn't see him touch the torts but it makes sense. I caught him doing the other two things and made him clean it all up but my baby is still missing. I am waiting for it to warm up a little today so I can start the search again but I'm catching a plane at 1. Ugh I'm so sick to my stomach over it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Usually Russian tortoises come out in the early a.m. and line up on the west fence so they can catch the early morning rays.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
I've been searching, I even hopped my neighbors fence but I wouldn't be able to find him over there. Too much stuff to hind under. I am going to put food out in a few places to try and draw him out.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
ah i'm sorry this happened it's sad that people have to get so handsy with other people's things how old is the boy you suspect if i might ask? young? if he's a youngster i'd talk to his parents......

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Best wishes for a quick recover of that male Russian. Good Luck.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
The boy was 12, and unfortunately I think there are things going on in that home that may be causing his behavior. Mom showed up her three sheets to the wind (she wasn't driving) and had to be taken home an hour later when she started throwing food. Dad stayed but wasn't paying much attention to his son. I feel bad for the kid but still want to kick his little $&@.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
The boy was 12, and unfortunately I think there are things going on in that home that may be causing his behavior. Mom showed up her three sheets to the wind (she wasn't driving) and had to be taken home an hour later when she started throwing food. Dad stayed but wasn't paying much attention to his son. I feel bad for the kid but still want to kick his little $&@.

dang i feel bad for the kid now because i went through similar's with my parents but that still doesn't excuse what he did, how big was the tort is there any chance the kid could have smuggled it home? you know a adult is pretty messed up when they try to start a food fight.....

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
ImageUploadedByTortForum1398104715.903843.jpg
Found him! Little bugger, it over cast today so this is all he came out. Yay!!!
He's happily under his heat lamp now warming up and eating.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Good for you and for all your Russians. Keep that kid away from your house forever.