Love our Toby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobytheTortoise

5 Year Member
Hi everyone! I'm posting on behalf of the entire family. This site has been a great resource for us so far, time to be a part of it all!

We became the proud family to Toby (a 2-yr-old male Hermanns Tortoise) four weeks ago and we LOVE him! We think he loves us too. He was a "rescue" of sorts. The reptile center here in the cities said his previous owners dropped him off. And he was a little worn out. He's got some pyramiding and was dehydrated but despite all that his personality and spirits were up. He's a fast little guy too! That works out well because his first weekend with us we took him on a road trip to the race track where my husband races sport bikes (which by the way is like bringing a human baby on a trip to grandma's...all the stuff we brought just for him was hilarious but necessary). Anyway, he quickly became friends with everyone and one of the race teams named themselves after him...and they WON! (remember the story about the tortoise and the hare - exactly that).

Anyway, here's about us:
family of 4 Mom, Dad, two sons and Toby
Live in Minnesota, USA
Toby's main caregiver is our oldest son who when we picked Toby up from the reptile center said "I can't believe this is happening!!" complete with ear to ear grin.

We're looking forward to hanging out on the forum!

(photo attached is Toby at breakfast this morning, fresh with "bed shell" (instead of bed head) and enjoying a little treat - yes, we all gather around to watch him eat, because it's just that adorable.)

Attachments

• 970796_10200298817368944_480867382_n.jpg
    970796_10200298817368944_480867382_n.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 33

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Glad your family joined us. Sounds like your new shelled member is very loved and will have a fantastic long loving life in your home.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hello! I had to check out your thread, because of the name Toby. Toby you see is my oldest son's name. :D

TobytheTortoise

5 Year Member
Toby is a fantastic name!! I hope your son doesn't mind sharing it with an adorable tort.

Jacqui said:
Hello! I had to check out your thread, because of the name Toby. Toby you see is my oldest son's name. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Toby's family!!

Status
Not open for further replies.