Lucy the Redfoot Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfoottorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Longisland (Southampton) NY
This is lucy. I "rescued" her from a petco where she was in a 20 gallon tank with two russian tortoises and no where to hide :(. She is 5 inches long and has a little bit of pyramiding..

22260_1278454455770_1662274929_6573.jpg

22260_1278291691701_1662274929_6570.jpg

19160_1277705837055_1662274929_6559.jpg

19160_1277705237040_1662274929_6559.jpg

19160_1277704677026_1662274929_6559.jpg

she loves to climb her water fall and she always pokes her hear in the the runing water. I think it reminds her of tropical rainforests. she also likes to climb on top of her log over and over again.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
AAaaww, she looks very active and happy. I wish your photos were bigger so I could see her face better. :cool:

So what did you end up doing for her enclosure? Did you already have one ready to go or did you just wing it, knowing that everything you did was an improvement over those deplorable Petco conditions? :p

When you get a chance, post some more photos and info about your lovely little lady Lucy. Any idea how old she is? :D

Here's how to post photos through photobucket: http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I also got Dale from a petstore and he was also with two Russians, but there was also a baby Sulcata in with them. Poor Dale he had the light beaming down on him too just like yours did. Congratulations to you and your new little girl tort I'm sure she's much happier with you. :)

redfoottorts

5 Year Member
Longisland (Southampton) NY
Stephanie Logan said:
AAaaww, she looks very active and happy. I wish your photos were bigger so I could see her face better. :cool:

So what did you end up doing for her enclosure? Did you already have one ready to go or did you just wing it, knowing that everything you did was an improvement over those deplorable Petco conditions? :p

When you get a chance, post some more photos and info about your lovely little lady Lucy. Any idea how old she is? :D

Here's how to post photos through photobucket: http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html

Nope ive been preparing for a hatchling since october 09 but the other day i was getting some cat food and i saw her there and i felt so bad one of the employes said she was in that tank for a little over a year. so I had to get her but im still getting a hatchling probably in march. Her enclosure is 5x3ft and the walls are 9 1/2 inches tall. i made it out of plywood and theres shrink rap on the inside. I use the feeding schedule from turtletary.com. oh shes 5inches so i think shes about 2 years but im not sure.

Although she is VERY shy she hides whenever she sees me unless i stand there motionless, and she is almost always under her log. I give her baths every day so she can get more used to me. Any idea how long before shes not afraid of me? Ive only had her for a few days.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
She actually looks pretty good considering. I wish the photos were larger. It's stories like this that touch me. All of my Redfoots I own today are "rescues" from one of those major pet store chains. Even though the prices are typically marked up to an outrageous high, it would weigh on me if I din't. I try to avoid those stores but that's where I have to go for my water filters and what not for the aquatic turtles. Once she/he begins to associate you as the primary food giver she'll start snapping out of her shyness.

Status
Not open for further replies.