Maintaining Humidity?

Hello,

Our 3.5 inch leopard turtle is currently in a 7 inch deep Rubbermaid. We haven't had a top on it for the first 9 days of having him and simply spray down his home many times daily. We bought a hygrometer today, his readings are generally 80 degrees throughout and 100ish in his basking spot.

We soak him daily for 15-20 mins in warm water.

I'm concerned about the humidity in his home as it's at like 40%... Until we spray, it goes to 99... And slow descends.

I wonder what suggestions you might have, or ideally automated methods to keep temp and humidity constant.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I've read articles about keeping it enclosed and I assume that's what we'll have to do?

Thanks!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Your going to have to get a tote with higher sides put a lid on it and cut holes forbthe lights. You can look in the enclosure threads to get ideas.

mike taylor said:
Your going to have to get a tote with higher sides put a lid on it and cut holes forbthe lights. You can look in the enclosure threads to get ideas.

Here is how I keep my little sulcata.

Attachments

• 1388029131128.jpg
    1388029131128.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 81

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
If you already have an aquarium, you can cover it with plexiglass, or foil.
Also, tomorrow is after Christmas sale day and a great time to get a Christmas tree box and turn that into a closed chamber. : )

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
TOMS FAMOUS CLOSE CHAMBER POST! I love that post!