Make me feel better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
They can go several weeks, although it is not ideal at warmer temps, as they will lose weight.
It is a bit more concerning that she has not pooped yet?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just kinda' skimmed all the posts here, so forgive me if you've already answered this question. Have you offered her the "trix" type tortoise food? She may not recognize real food as food anymore after having eaten Trix for so long.

gopherhockey03

5 Year Member
East Grand Forks
No I haven't tried the Trix... But I called the store today and asked what she had been eating and they said everyother day she ate spring mix. And they said she had been a good eater... So idk...

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
less fruit and more broadleaf greens.. like spring mix. Keep putting her in front of the food. or move the food to her..

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
(I think Tanner is a bit desperate because one tort won't eat at all, so he is stretching the approved diet, temporarily.)
Say, have you considered soaking her in warm water daily for a few days with a jar of baby food, either carrot or sweet potato, even some bird vitamins?
If she has not pooped yet, you could try offering a bit of pumpkin or another fresh squash (if you have access to that).

gopherhockey03

5 Year Member
East Grand Forks
lynnedit said:
(I think Tanner is a bit desperate because one tort won't eat at all, so he is stretching the approved diet, temporarily.)
Say, have you considered soaking her in warm water daily for a few days with a jar of baby food, either carrot or sweet potato, even some bird vitamins?
If she has not pooped yet, you could try offering a bit of pumpkin or another fresh squash (if you have access to that).

Yes i'm trying to get her to eat ANYTHING idc what it is just something to get her started. And i'll have to try the baby food soaking... And your right i'm getting really desperate.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
If the daily baby food/bird vit soaks don't work over a few days (at least to get something happening at the other end...), get her to a Reptile vet.
At least she is still active.

gopherhockey03

5 Year Member
East Grand Forks
day 10 without eating... Soaked her today and she drank water! No poop or pee tho.... As soon as I turned on the light's she was right under the light basking... She was active all day today and went and burrowed for the night at about 7. Everything seems right with her she JUST WON"T EAT!!! UGHHH!!!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I wonder if she has peed at least, not always easy to catch that. Since she is so active, keep soaking her every day. As someone posted earlier, it took their tort 3 weeks to eat. She certainly does not seem to be lethargic or in distress...

gopherhockey03

5 Year Member
East Grand Forks
Alright well I got her November 19 and she still hasn't ate anything. I have given her everything Romaine, Collards, Mustard Greens, Collard Greens, Endive, Apple slices, peeled carrots, the trix looking stuff... everything... The past two days I have been giving her carrot baby food soaks she does drink a little bit... Other than picking her up to soak her I leave her alone shes in her hide 24/7. I took her to the vet for a check up (doesn't poop so no fecal) and the vet said she looked normal and alright, but she doesn't know why she won't eat. It's getting frustrating I'm 99% sure i'm doing everything right its 105 under the basking light and cold side down to 75... Lights on 14 hours a day! I JUST DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
If you are pretty sure your temps are accurate, then it does sound as if your set up is good.
The only other thing that I can think of is that she is being bullied (does not have to be physical) by the male and is hiding out to escape. In that case the bullied tort(usually female) won't eat, and hides constantly.
If you have another container/tote of any kind, set her up in that. You can put your light/uv source for both if they are next to each other. That is the only way you can find out if this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.