Male Sulcata in Ventura,CA

Tortugal

Hello All,
I have been "Shelly's" foster mom for a few months now and after treating a pseudomonas bacterial infection he is finally ready for his forever home. He is 9 yrs old, 32lbs and 15in long (plastron length). He can be shy at first, but will tolerate some head rubs slowly. He has a chip in his beak which he will not allow me to dremmel. He eats moistened orchard hay, grass, cactus pads, dandelion greens and hibiscus flowers. He needs a lot of room to roam around and graze. He comes with his wood house, any hay left and his ceramic heat emitter/dome. He has slight pyramiding on his shell and is a bit domed in the front. Once he realizes you have the food he will follow you around the yard. He does occasionally have some clear nasal discharge out of his left nostril which the vet said may happen time to time, but he will need a home with someone who has access to a qualified reptile veterinarian just in case. I have him separated in my yard away from my dogs but it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep my large dog from trying to find ways over the fence (they are inside dogs and locked inside when no one is home just in case). I will not ship him (much too stressful) so please be prepared to drive out to adopt him. This is the 3rd largest species of tortoise and they can become destructive in yards so experience with Sulcatas is a must. He needs to be kept by himself. If interested or if you have additional questions please e-mail me at [email protected]. Please send pictures of the area where you plan to keep him. There is no adoption fee.
For some reason the app won't allow me to upload any photos.... He is my avatar on this forum but I can send additional pictures to interested parties.