Males vs females?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Does anyone see a behavioral or personality difference between male and female Hermann's? I am about to buy my tort, but females (which I wanted) cost a hundred dollars more than the males, and I hadn't budgeted for that difference- :-(

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I bought it from Tyler at Tortoise Supply. The tort is 4-5 inches long. I've seen nothing but rave reviews about Tyler on this forum, which is why I was willing to take the chance...

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I do not have both sexes. I have a female. From what I see. She is really laid back. Now I hear males are more aggressive.

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Eastern, PA, USA
Funny that my female is 2x more active than my male. When they we together I assumed it was the female dominating due to her size but now that they're seperated the female crawls all over the place while the male only moves when I give him food....hmmmm?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Raymo2477 said:
Funny that my female is 2x more active than my male. When they we together I assumed it was the female dominating due to her size but now that they're seperated the female crawls all over the place while the male only moves when I give him food....hmmmm?

Ha ha! Sounds like some guys I know! Dies he like to watch football, too?:)

That should be "DOES he like," darn spell check!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.