Marty in the yard with his admirers

Status
Not open for further replies.

havagliano

5 Year Member
Here are the pics of Marty in the pen with his 2 doggie brother's. They are so respectful of him and let him be, it's great!. I have 3 great pets and now hopefully little Clara will get the same respect! I also have some new videos of little clara, if you follow my youtube and flickr photostream link under my signature you can see more photos and videos!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Heather:

Nice pictures, and thanks for sharing with us, but just a word of caution. I've heard it said many, many times, "But the dogs have never bothered the tortoise before..."

havagliano

5 Year Member
Yvonne,
I completely hear you and understand what you are saying. I agree, they are animals and I can never 100% be sure of how they will react know matter how well think I know my guys. Marty is in his pen or in his cage 99.9% of the time. I had him out to introduce the animals to him because they had been all around the pen and his cage. Luckily it went well and I got great photos. But I'm always right there to react if something is to happen. But they won't be playing tug a rope together or sharing basking time in the sun together. They are all separate unless I'm holding Marty and they are checking him out or I take a quick photo. I do thank you for your concern though because I agree that you truly never know what can happen.
Heather

Hi Heather:

Nice pictures, and thanks for sharing with us, but just a word of caution. I've heard it said many, many times, "But the dogs have never bothered the tortoise before..."
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.