Mazuri good for all tortoises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mert

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I keep reading about mazuri. I never heard about it before i found this forum. This is probably a silly question but is it good to feed it to Cdts? Not sure if its good for all tortoises. Or if he will like it but if its good for him then i will give it a try.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't see any harm in offering Mazuri to all species of tortoise, including box turtles. However, all species don't like it. The only ones here that will eat it are the Aldabran, Yellow and Red footeds and all the hatchlings, because I mush it all up in their chopped up food and they don't have a choice.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Just FYI my CDT avoids it, like the plague

Gus

5 Year Member
Mazuri is like candy for my Star Tortoise and four of the tort behave the same way!!!

sheilaamistone1974

5 Year Member
I just bought some for my 1 month old sulcata and he loves it. he gets excited for dinner when I soak a piece and give it to him

Niki

5 Year Member
Was thinking about trying it for my RT. I really don't want to purchase a huge bag. I know it's for sale in the For Sale section... does anyone recommend a certain supplier? Is it pretty much the same anywhere you buy it?

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
I offer it moist/mushy to the Leopard babies a few times a week , Javari smells it and comes a runnin and chows down like a little piggy :p but Tikii avoids it and wont eat it. :(

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
My leopards, sulcatas, Aldabrans, Burmese blacks, and YFs all readily consume it. All of my previously owned Testudo species did, too. I would order a small amount to see if your animal will accept it.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Most of my red-footeds ate it readily, but some either avoided it or just ate a little.

Niki

5 Year Member
Baoh said:
My leopards, sulcatas, Aldabrans, Burmese blacks, and YFs all readily consume it. All of my previously owned Testudo species did, too. I would order a small amount to see if your animal will accept it.

Thanks, I actually ordered a one pound bag last night. Price was good so I'll give it a try.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
My baby Stars love it! I soak three peices in warm water, once a week for them. It is a treat for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.