Mazuri

thatkiidsean

5 Year Member
Hey guys!

Sorry for posting so much lately -- I am close to getting my tortoise, and I want to make sure I have everything! I plan to get Mazuri, but how much should I give my tortoise, and do I have to soften it with water or give the tortoise the pellets? What happens if the tortoise does not take too kindly to the Mazuri? Is there a way I can coax it to eating it? Also, what is the best brand of vitamin/calcium I should use to sprinkle on top of my greens? Thank you!

tortoisetime565

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Yes, moisten the pellets.
I normally mix in like two smushed pellets everyday in my tortoises diet. And I use zoo med calcium. Also put a cuttle bone in the cage for your turtle to eat.

Flipper

MO, USA
I just bought 2 pound of Mazuri from tortoise supply. I just have one baby tortoise :confused: The food is bound to go to wast. I'm willing to ship a bunch to you if you pay the shipping.

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Just a quick note to let you know that you can freeze extra mazuri. This will keep it fresh for a longer period of time.

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Gee, I am glad I was able to contribute something useful. I just use freezer zip lock bags and put what I'll use in a week in it, that way I am not trying to juggle larger packages of food. Also the smaller bags will stack neatly in your freezer.

Flipper

MO, USA
Gee, I am glad I was able to contribute something useful. I just use freezer zip lock bags and put what I'll use in a week in it, that way I am not trying to juggle larger packages of food. Also the smaller bags will stack neatly in your freezer.
Excellent! This will be my plan when I get my order later this week :)

parrotlady

5 Year Member
I just found found out that mazuri is offering a 15 percent discount for the next month. July 8 to August 8. It is on their website.