Medifast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Hey guys, I have been off TFO for a few weeks because I started Medifast and I have been busy learning about the program on their forum for support. I even cut back on my FB. In the last 4 weeks I have lost 12lbs. It's so exciting. I also been busy expanding my indoor RF enclosure since it's been so cold here in SD.
Anyone else on or have used the program? Just curious.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No, but wouldn't mind you telling us about it:) Congrats on your 12 pounds. That's great.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
Weight loss tips and healthy recipes are always welcome!

Check out my site then www.vegging4life.com. My husband and i have lost over 200lbs combined through vegetarian mostly clean eating. :D

My problem with most programs, not all because there are some good ones(weight watchers), is that they aren't sustainable. The diet needs to be something you can do the rest of your life or you just end up yo-yoing and gaining more weight.
I am very opinionated on this topic as someone who started thin and got sick, found out my ex husband was cheating, got divorced, got depressed, got thin enough to catch a guy like my husband, got fat, tried to lose weight, got fatter, got more depressed, married a guy who loves to eat, got fatter together, yo yo dieted but was almost 300lbs, got type 2 diabetes, because my diet and exercising, lost 1/2 my body weight (and cured my diabetes) and have kept it off for over 2 years.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Wow! Congrats! I've gotten the freshman 15 and senior 25... Was just too hard to exercise with a full class load and no time to cook. I need tips on how to keep it off. My boyfriend and I both love food and dessert too much... But we're young and it should be easier and better for us if we drop the extra weight now.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So far I really enjoy the the program. I'm only trying to lose about 30#. It's a great jump start for me. I hate exercise, and It's a no brainer when it comes to preparing my food. I still cook for the family but I have my own food. I call it "astronaut food." You eat 5 of their meals and then a lean & green. It's very low carb. I'm never hungry if I keep up on my water. I eat every 2-3 hours and the lbs just come off. I have 4 friends doing it and we are all doing well. The program does have a transition phase along with maintenance. Yes, I know people regain what they lose on some of these programs but I will deal with that later. I know how to cook healthy, & I know what it takes to lose weight. But with the a busy life style and to many choices I found it to hard. The Medifast is just a tool to get it off and then I will go from there. I have so much more energy and my clothes are fitting great now. I'm getting close to going down another jeans size which is a huge motivator for me among other things.
It's not a cheap program but I also don't have 100+ to lose so it shouldn't take me to long. I'm averaging 2# a week which is good. Except the first week which was just under 9#.
It's nice to be back here though. I will be popping in more now that I have more time.

I know your whole story Kerryann and I'm glad that worked for you, but this is the choice I made for myself.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am glad to not just see that it is working and your losing weight, but more importantly how alive (for lack of a better term), happy and excited you seem! Congrats and keep it up!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Kerryann....I wish my husband would go vegetarian. Last night my son and I had chili, and sausages and mushrooms. You would never know the difference, and so healthy. I have to show him your site and see what recipe he want's to try.

Kathy I'm so happy for you. I know how hard it is to loose.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Momof4 said:
So far I really enjoy the the program. I'm only trying to lose about 30#. It's a great jump start for me. I hate exercise, and It's a no brainer when it comes to preparing my food. I still cook for the family but I have my own food. I call it "astronaut food." You eat 5 of their meals and then a lean & green. It's very low carb. I'm never hungry if I keep up on my water. I eat every 2-3 hours and the lbs just come off. I have 4 friends doing it and we are all doing well. The program does have a transition phase along with maintenance. Yes, I know people regain what they lose on some of these programs but I will deal with that later. I know how to cook healthy, & I know what it takes to lose weight. But with the a busy life style and to many choices I found it to hard. The Medifast is just a tool to get it off and then I will go from there. I have so much more energy and my clothes are fitting great now. I'm getting close to going down another jeans size which is a huge motivator for me among other things.
It's not a cheap program but I also don't have 100+ to lose so it shouldn't take me to long. I'm averaging 2# a week which is good. Except the first week which was just under 9#.
It's nice to be back here though. I will be popping in more now that I have more time.

I know your whole story Kerryann and I'm glad that worked for you, but this is the choice I made for myself.

I am also very glad it is working for you. :D I didn't mean to sound negative about your program since I honestly know nothing about it.

Terryo- one of the girls who works for me follows my recipes and just substitutes my fake meats for lean meats like chicken and she lost almost 10lbs in two weeks, which was all she had to lose. We worked with her calorie range and now she is maintaining perfectly.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I started up my calorie tracker on my phone... Usually helps me be more accountable for the amount I eat. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.