MEET CHALBI!!!!

loopacia

5 Year Member
20170105_122057.jpg 20170105_122113.jpg 20170105_122057.jpg 20170105_124428.jpg 20170107_122715.jpg
Meet Chalbi the cutest (in my opinion) sulcata tortoise!!! I am a new sulcata owner and have wanted one for many many many years!! So glad to be able to finally say I have a pet giant tortoise! Thanks so much @Lancecham. He is doing great and already has a very hearty appetite!!!!! I believe he loves his new habitat and home!!!! I look forward to seeing him grow!! I made his birthday sept 15th!!!

BILBO-03

Hi and Welcome!:) you got your tort from a great tortoise breeder!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Wow! What a handsome cutie!!!!!! So healthy looking and such a smooth shell!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I've never had an issue with cucumber... yet. What's wrong with it?

Mortis_thetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
west central Florida
ive read theres too much water in it and not enough nutrients to really make it worth while to eat.
how are his bowel movements ? compare to whats recommended on the forum. my little one was eating too much lettuce and it made it a little runny. from what ive read it should be a decently fiberous moist pile instead of thick pudding texture.

im still learning myself hopefully someone else will reply and help us both haha

GingerLove

5 Year Member
ive read theres too much water in it and not enough nutrients to really make it worth while to eat.
how are his bowel movements ? compare to whats recommended on the forum. my little one was eating too much lettuce and it made it a little runny. from what ive read it should be a decently fiberous moist pile instead of thick pudding texture.

im still learning myself hopefully someone else will reply and help us both haha

Okay, thanks! The poo seems alright, though she gets constipated sometimes. Maybe it's because of the cucumber!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco

http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/plants_19.asp?st=true&mode=main&catID=160

loopacia

5 Year Member
Okay, thanks! The poo seems alright, though she gets constipated sometimes. Maybe it's because of the cucumber!
Mines poo has been okay also. As far as I can tell. I dont feed cucumbers everyday. He has only been home with me for about a week. He got some fresh grass from the yard today and clovers!! I have read they need more grasses and I grow grass for him.