Meet Mango

leash_wish

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, meet Mango. I have had her for just over a week now. I took her on when her people didn't want her anymore. She is two years old and was living in a deep aquarium with pine shavings, no uv and a heat lamp so high up she wasn't warm when I picked her up. She was covered in dry dust and didn't have a water dish. They also only fed her fruit and vegetables. Since I brought her home she has had daily warm baths which she loves and loads of warmth and uv. She loves her grassland tort food, dandelion and kale. She only weighs 180 grams but I look forward to watching her grow and get healthy.

Attachments

• 1384314890626.jpg
    1384314890626.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 110

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
She is with you now, yay, and she is darling. That picture is rad and boy is she a whitey one. Look at that face. She is stoked that you took her in. Woo hoo Miss Mango!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Mango is adorable [WHITE SMILING FACE]️ welcome to TFO!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She's very pretty. I haven't decided which I like better, the darker leopards or the lighter ones. I've come to think that I like the one I'm seeing at the time! :p

leash_wish

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Meet Mango

Team Gomberg said:
Hi mango!

So, how have you decided to house her now that she is in your care?

Is this your first shelled friend? :)

I have another tort named Waffles, he is a 10 month old sulcata. Currently they live together in their tort table. They get along great, no biting or chasing or hogging food. I will keep them together as long as I can but know that eventually they will be housed separately. Mango grew up with a Hermann's tort but he went to live with friends of mine in June. It was a coincidence that I adopted her from the same people. Mango went right to Waffles so I think she enjoys the company.

Yvonne G said:
She's very pretty. I haven't decided which I like better, the darker leopards or the lighter ones. I've come to think that I like the one I'm seeing at the time! :p

She is very light isn't she? I've started to notice it more now that I'm seeing more leopard torts. Is there a name for her colour?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I've noticed a few leopards that were housed primarily indoors without a lot of natural UV that all seem to have lighter coloring. I've seen a few Russians this way too. Until they moved outside and then they "tan" a bit. Maybe its connected. Maybe it's not.

At Mango's size I'd be hesitant to label her a high white leopard. As she grows her pattern will change. If she continues with the majority of white growth past 8" in size, then I'd consider her to be a high with leopard.