Meet my Hermann clutch

Cityhermanns

Location (City and/or State)
nyc
Meet my clutch of 7 eastern hermanns, one older juvenile and the rest are all adult females that range in age. They primarily live outdoors and winter inside. Love them. They eat mostly IMG_5695.jpegvarious weeds that I get daily from around the hood and hibiscus, some mazuri :)

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum. Cute tortoises. Their enclosure needs to be a lot bigger.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Welcome to the forum🥰

As the others asked, just make sure, that is just a hide they’re in? That’s not their enclosure?🙂

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
If you look closely you can see the opening to get in and out. It appears to only be a hide.
I see it, on the opposite side of the wall. Thank you for pointing it out.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If you look closely you can see the opening to get in and out. It appears to only be a hide.
I can't see the opening, but this does appear to be a cold frame sort of set up.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Here is where I see the opening.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240712-200841.png
    Screenshot_20240712-200841.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 2

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Meet my clutch of 7 eastern hermanns, one older juvenile and the rest are all adult females that range in age. They primarily live outdoors and winter inside. Love them. They eat mostly View attachment 374065various weeds that I get daily from around the hood and hibiscus, some mazuri :)
Very nice group. "Clutch" refers to a group of tortoise eggs. A group of tortoises is called a "creep". I don't care to refer to mine by that name, so I call mine a "herd". As in a herd of turtles... even though they are tortoises... Which are technically also turtles, but not all turtles are tortoises...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Still seems small. I'm not an expert.
Oh that is way to small if they can't get out of it. I also think it's not the best place to feed them because of it being so small. However, the OP may have done it this way to get a group pic. Usually, with a larger clutch, they all want to go in different directions lol.

Fluffy

10 Year Member!
West Virginia
Oh that is way to small if they can't get out of it. I also think it's not the best place to feed them because of it being so small. However, the OP may have done it this way to get a group pic. Usually, with a larger clutch, they all want to go in different directions lol.
Please explain why it's too small to feed them in there. Also it's been pointed out there is a door for them to exit.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's just so crowded. It's not the worst place but why feed them in such a small area? I guess if you are watching to see who is eating and how much, etc, it's one way. But why not feed them in the whole enclosure in a couple different piles so they can roam around for it?
That's how most with a larger clutch does it, so there's not a bunch of pile ups.