Status
Not open for further replies.

Wezzer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract, UK
30ndfo9.jpg

4nc6t.jpg

I know these are not very good, i just didn't want to stress her out. I will try and get some better ones when she is more settled :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
She seems pretty little. How many inches is she? When you take more pictures can you post the a picture of the whole viv too? :)

Wezzer

5 Year Member
Pontefract, UK
Candy said:
She seems pretty little. How many inches is she? When you take more pictures can you post the a picture of the whole viv too? :)

I will take pictures of the viv when i get a better one for her. At the minute she is in a small viv and she needs more room. As she was a rescue, i didn't have time to buy her something bigger before i bought her. I am actually looking now for something better for her. The one she is in is a 24" and she has got more room than what she had in the shop. I am going to get her a 36" viv.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Sounds good. If you want to see a setup of a very special viv you should go to some of TerryO's thread and pull up some of her pictures of Pio's (her Cherryhead) viv enclosure. It is absolutely beautiful and can provide you with some ideas for Speckles enclosure. Although from what I can see it looks nice to me. :)

Wezzer

5 Year Member
Pontefract, UK
My mum has told me about TerryO's viv. I have got some plans for her new viv already. Going to put some more plants in, give her lots of areas to explore and things like that. I am a bit nervous about showing the whole viv because it's only 24" and i know it is not big enough for her. But it is bigger than what she had in the shop and it would keep her happy for a while but i want to get her something bigger so she can become more active and explore like my mum's tort Shelby does. :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Kerry I think that it's o.k. even if it's a little small for her now, we know that you are planning to get her something bigger soon enough. The only concern about it being too small is if there's enough space for a cool side in the viv. Sometimes the airflow is not enough to cool a side down enough. If you find that yours is then I wouldn't worry about it. How did you find out how big she is going to get?:)

Wezzer

5 Year Member
Pontefract, UK
Just looked at a thread that talks about the different types of redfoot, and i think she is a north-east but we don't know if she is a cherry head, she has got orange on her head and a red spot on her nose. We think she is a north east redfoot though and they can get up to 40cm. The cool end is averaging around 78, but i'm about to turn my ceramic off and put my heat mat on for the night and see what temps i get with that. but the good thing about this viv is that it's got sliding doors at the front that i can open completely and a panel under them which will stop her from climbing out if i open the doors

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
well u do not hang around hun a new Tort today and u have ordered the bigger Viv lol. Speckles is gorgeous we sent a bit of time finding a tub and making a humidity Hide and the little dear as decided she prefers to hide under her fake plants lol Torts don't just love em

Status
Not open for further replies.