Mega-ray 60watt EB kit Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
Hi everyone, got a question regarding the Mega-Ray EB 60 watt 220-240 Volt Flood UVB Lamp Kit.
I understand that the external ballast is required to power the bulb. What I'm confused about is, how should i connect/rig this up?

With SB bulbs, bulb + lamp fixture + electricity is all u need. what about the EB kit?

I have an Exo-terra 100watt GLO porcelain clamp lamp, can use that with the EB 60 watt? reptileUv sure as hell didn't reply my queries when I emailed them.

Ultra lost. Any and all help is appreciated.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Why do you want external ballast? The 100 Watt internal ballast will be the easiest set up. I have no idea about these--sorry. You might have better luck calling if they didn't reply--its one guy and he is really helpful, but very busy.

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
Oh, I chose to have the external ballast because I get temp in the 90s with just a 50watt basking bulb... so I figured 100 would be overkill. And the 60 watt EB would give better control of the temp with excellent UVB. :) Yea its just one guy, he'll prolly get annoyed with people asking the same questions. haha
I'm still hoping for someone who's had this 60watt kit to share his experience though! Wouldnt wanna destroy it b4 I actually use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.