Mega Ray bulb's

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Still haven't received a response from my calls or e-mails after a month (I keep trying)...somehow the second bulb I bought is still limping along, but it makes the same buzzing noise the first one (that burnt out after two weeks) did. Very annoyed they at least can't post a message on their website saying they are swamped, order some temp workers, etc. I would rather receive a response and a refund than wait who knows long for a replacement that I'll then have to worry about burning out. Their website still says to call or e-mail if you have any problems lol. I'm afraid my $100 spent on Mega Rays is down the drain.

I ordered a Powersun just in case. Amazon has them for $41.80 with free shipping right now.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I'm having the same issue, I emailed them in 3 different departments and I have yet to receive an email back.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Update: After about 3 months, I got an e-mail response asking if I had received a replacement. Replied back no, and a day later had a UPS tracking number. I'm glad they finally made good, but its going to take a lot to ever get me to be a customer again. You'd think they'd just bite the bullet on the cost and hire customer service help if they were really that swamped? They've had a post up since the end of May or so on the website about a combo of manpower, lack of product, and family/health problems, but this has really been going on since last Fall if no earlier (both lack of customer service and bulb failure). I do trust that the bulbs they send out are safe to use (I will use my replacement), but its not worth the hassle. Surprisingly, the second bulb of the order with the failed bulb is still doing fine (since April 9). Thought I'd give an update! Hope some others have some luck with their warrenty claims. Thankfully they didn't give me any trouble about my warranty technically being expired since I waited a couple months to get in the first place, didn't install it right away (had to buy another bulb while I was waiting), and they took so long lol (its been 11 months since the original order--I looked it up on Paypal).

Status
Not open for further replies.