Mercury Vapor Bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

griefold

5 Year Member
I am trying to find an appropriate MVB for my tort, there is very slight signs of pyramiding beginning. I get him out for about an hour a day, but it has been constantly overcast for the last several weeks and need to supplement it. I see all kinds of reviews for the name brands to be found at the pet stores. I want to know what would be the best suggestion and if I could get a bulb from Home Depot or some other hardware store that would do the same and save myself a lot of money for a fancy box.

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rome, OH
I just ordered an Exo Terra MVB from amazon for about $30. My local pet store wanted $80 for same exact bulb. I've never seen MVB at home depot or Lowes. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
UVB is not filtered by cloud cover. Overcast days are just as beneficial to your tort as sunny days. He may actually get more because he won't be hiding from the sun as much. Als, Petco had a 32 inch desert or tropical bulb for $52 not to long ago and they have sales almost every other week.

griefold

5 Year Member
Nicole said:
I just ordered an Exo Terra MVB from amazon for about $30. My local pet store wanted $80 for same exact bulb. I've never seen MVB at home depot or Lowes. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

Helps a lot. Now I know I have to get one for sure form the pet store or from online. At least I know where I can go to get one.

Saleama said:
UVB is not filtered by cloud cover. Overcast days are just as beneficial to your tort as sunny days. He may actually get more because he won't be hiding from the sun as much. Als, Petco had a 32 inch desert or tropical bulb for $52 not to long ago and they have sales almost every other week.

I did not know about the overcast being alright. I do worry some about the cooler temps that come with the overcast I have been seeing. I will work to get him out more when I have the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.