Mice in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

101isthebest

i would try to get rid of the mice and rats asap. they will chew on the torts. i lost some of my torts. mice can squeeze thru small little holes, that are not visible to the human eye. i would try to capture the mice asap because they breed quickly. good luck.

mtdavis817254

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
waco tx
Isa said:
Unfortunatly, my boyfriend is pretty sure we have mice in the house. I am really scared because I dont want them to hurt my Hermy so from now on, I will keep her door closed. I dont want the mice to suffer so I dont want my boyfriend to put traps or poison. I heard of a product that produces a sound that scares the mice(humans do not hear it), my question is does anybody know if Hermy could hear the sound?

If someone has an idea to how get rid of mice, please let me know.
get a live trap.. you can catch the mouse and release it in a field.. you can get one at walmart or any feed store..

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Kill it; Kill it, Kill it. Stop worrying about a rodent, I raise them for snake food. They are the smartest animals that I raise. I lost my first two Klienmanns babies to loose rats, that I did not want to poison. I have since trained all of my dogs to kill any mammal on the property. No problems since. No raccoons or any other feral mammals. This is just protecting your tortoises. The rodents that you are going to kill are not supposed to be bothering your animals as they are not native. Just kill them, it matters not how you do it. Glue traps work well as you can carry them off and do not have to deal with the smell of a decomposing rodent in the wall or elsewhere. Live traps are mostly BS. Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
elegans said:
Kill it; Kill it, Kill it. Stop worrying about a rodent, I raise them for snake food. They are the smartest animals that I raise. I lost my first two Klienmanns babies to loose rats, that I did not want to poison. I have since trained all of my dogs to kill any mammal on the property. No problems since. No raccoons or any other feral mammals. This is just protecting your tortoises. The rodents that you are going to kill are not supposed to be bothering your animals as they are not native. Just kill them, it matters not how you do it. Glue traps work well as you can carry them off and do not have to deal with the smell of a decomposing rodent in the wall or elsewhere. Live traps are mostly BS. Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna
Doug, I have to agree with you. I find snap traps work best and are most humane (snap, thats it). That and cats (not an option for Isa). Rodents are a threat to herps on many levels.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hmmm Yes, I guess you are right :(. Even if we are not too sure they are still in the house we will call an exterminator ( But I will tell the exterminator to not use the glue trap I think they are cruel :(. We did all we could do, we put a lot of humane traps in the house and it did not work. That is sad because they look sooo cute and soo smart. But Hermy's safety and our safety (since they are full of bacteria) comes first.

Thanks for the advices everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.