Milestone!!

tort_luv_5055

Location (City and/or State)
New York (USA)
Today we hit a huge milestone in the tortoise world. I found Apollo self-soaking for the first time!!!! SQUEE! This is so so exciting. I am going to be doing water switches everyday instead of every other, and soak once a day instead of twice a day. This takes such a huge weight of my shoulder, I didn't think he knew where is water was! But now I can sleep soundly at night, knowing that he is staying hydrated. Oh, and I also found some new growth in his shell. And he has grown another inch. Oh my goodness, how fast he is growing. Its kills me, knowing I am going to lose my little baby. Am I the only one who wishes they would stay babies forever? Sigh. They are like children. Maybe I should get another...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Woohoo. He probably was doing it behind your back the whole time. They like to mess with us like that:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think getting another one is a great idea... if you have the room for two enclosures. While babies are cute, I would much rather have an adult, so for me I don't want them to stay small. :D