Military mom asking for prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Hello all. Some of you may no that both my kids are in the military. My son Cody is in the Army and is in Afghanistan and my daughter Cassie is in the Navy and deploys Monday for the Persian Gulf. Both my kids will not be home for the holidays. It is going to be hard on all of the family this Christmas. My son tells me that some of the guys hardly ever get a package, brakes my heart. I send extras for my son to share. If anyone would like to send a package pm me for the address. I am asking for prayers for my kids to come home safe. Thanks for your time.

Annieski

5 Year Member
Edison, N.J.
Hey Missy---Both of your "kids" as well as YOU are on my BIG Prayer list. My son, Ron, has been in Afghanistan, for a little over a month now[Marines--Artillary]. I find myself reading more posts than normal--just to keep my mind occupied. When I send a box--it has to have enough for 65 guys to share---so that includes Prayers for ALL, as well.
Please Thank both of your "Children" for Serving Our Country---and Thank You for doing such an OUTSTANDING JOB in raising them!
Semper Fi---Annie

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
I'm in class council at my school and every year we send stuff to the troops and this year we also sent cards with the stuff :) Thank you Cody and Cassie! Your all in my prayers!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Annie, so you know first hand. Thanks for the prayers and I will pray for your son too.

abra, that is a great thing that your school is doing. Thank you.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
in my prayers for their safe return and thank you to both of them for fighting for us

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
Missy, your children and their peers will be in my prayers. I am so thankful for those in the armed services and all that they do.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
*hugs* You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. My best friend's boyfriend is in the Army and he is going to Afghanistan soon for approximately 7 months.
I don't know if other people would be willing to do this, but would it be okay if we sent items to you and then you could send them all together? I feel like if I sent one little box it would seem silly :p

alejandra92963

5 Year Member
Virginia
As a military wife, I am sending prayers for you and yours. We are army and my husband has done a tour in Afghanistan, one in Kuwait and his last one was Iraq. All of those in less than 6 years.

I send boxes with no designated names to units (with a commanders permission) to be given to soldiers that haven't received a package for the holidays. I can appreciate the wonderful people who send them and want to be a part of this. If you would like I will also add your family, or anyone that knows of a soldier serving overseas, to our Prayer Team at the headquarters of Premier Designs (I'm a jeweler for them) if that is ok. PM me a name and a state and our dedicated staff will make sure there are PLENTY of prayers!!!

Everything will be fine don't worry!!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Hoping all will return home safely and our "leaders" will give a bit more thought to it before starting any new conflicts...unless they want to do the fighting themselves!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Several have pm me for the address. The guys love getting even a card. The guys also have an area that they put things to share with everyone. The main thing they are asking for right now is hand warmers. The temps at night are very cold and they are still living in tents because the first huts got blown down in a wind storm and the second ones collapsed do to poor construction (Afghan built) Thanks again for supporting the troops.

RianSeeking

5 Year Member
Spokane, Washington
Please thank your children, husbands, friends for keeping my children safe.

We do boxes through the local elementary school, but I'd love to do more.

Missy, if you can PM me an address to send a care package to my kiddos and I would love to fill a box.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Thank you to all who serve. Thank you to the families of those who serve. Prayers will most definitely be sent up for all of you.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
2 of my nephews are in the service, prayer / meditation is a daily thing for us. For all members of our armed forces, my thanks for your service - past, present and future.

teri

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What do you think they would appreciate being sent the most? I know they're grateful for anything, but what are some of their favorites?

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
i send my buddies overseas the following items....

deodorant
white socks
chocolate (wrapped in a freezer bag)
pictures from home and family and friends
video games and music cds
other really tasty treats-- slim jims, sunflower seeds, etc...
and a bunch more I can't remember

Annieski

5 Year Member
Edison, N.J.
My son has told me they would enjoy ANYTHING- that doesn't look like--taste like--or smell like an MRE. There is a huge "mice"population[it's pretty cold-especially at night] so just please put food items in zip-lock bags. They don't get to shower, often[and then it is cold water] so "unsented" baby wipes is another big hit. Any kind of food[but no pork products]. Sugarless gum--packets of hot chocolate and instant oatmeal. And I guess the best for right now---hand and foot warmers! Be creative---I have sent packages of tortilla wraps--tuna in a packet--and cans of "Old Bay" seasoning---they were gone almost as soon as the box got opened. But to be honest--"just" a card or letter will make the day--Better.

Status
Not open for further replies.