Minimum temperature for Sulcata outdoors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoopaNGoomba

5 Year Member
Our summer so far has been rainy and cold, too cold for our little sulcata to have spent much time outside. What should the temps be for the big guy at the minimum? What's the minimum temp his dog house should be at during the day? He goes back indoors at night or if it is windy or completely unpleasant outside.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
You say "little sulcata" then "big guy" so I'm confused by your question.

What size is the sulcata your question pertains to? Knowing this will help you get accurate answers :)

(I just noticed your user name, so I'm thinking you have 2 sullies..and on my phone app I can't see signatures if you have it stated there)

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

KoopaNGoomba

5 Year Member
Oh! I'm dumb. Totally wasn't clear. You're right, I do have two sullies in my care. My "little guy" is barely six inches... the "big guy" is about 20lbs and 16" long.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Where are you?

I keep my night boxes at 80-85 during winter since they can't warm up as much during the day. And I set them at 70-75 over summer.

My climate is petty mild and dry. If you live somewhere cold and rainy, you might need a more involved set up than me with basking spots for cold days.

Status
Not open for further replies.