Missing scales on the head

Alisa

Location (City and/or State)
Thailand, pattaya
Hi!! I am concerned of my torts head scales, as you can see on the top of his nose has missing scales.. and I’m thinking it’s just shedding. But I am not sure as it’s already been a while. Please help me !! Thank uu

Attachments

• IMG_3240.jpeg
    IMG_3240.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi!! I am concerned of my torts head scales, as you can see on the top of his nose has missing scales.. and I’m thinking it’s just shedding. But I am not sure as it’s already been a while. Please help me !! Thank uu
Could the tortoise have scraped its nose on some type of a screen which caused the loss of the scales? Or could it possibly have burned its nose on a hot light bulb?

It doesn't look like a very recent occurrence, so maybe it has been like that for a while and you have just noticed it. If the tortoise is otherwise healthy, I don't think you need to do anything at this point but wait for the scales to grow back.

I suppose you could put a dab of Neosporin on the area where the scales are missing once or twice a day, but I don't think it is necessary at this point.

Alisa

Location (City and/or State)
Thailand, pattaya
Could the tortoise have scraped its nose on some type of a screen which caused the loss of the scales? Or could it possibly have burned its nose on a hot light bulb?

It doesn't look like a very recent occurrence, so maybe it has been like that for a while and you have just noticed it. If the tortoise is otherwise healthy, I don't think you need to do anything at this point but wait for the scales to grow back.

I suppose you could put a dab of Neosporin on the area where the scales are missing once or twice a day, but I don't think it is necessary at this point.
I have noticed a while ago, but I am getting different answers, some are saying it’s shedding some say ur answer.. it’s not getting worse it’s been the same. I’ll just have to see the results once’s the scales grown back.