Missing Sulcata in Modesto CA!

Rmgoulet1941

Location (City and/or State)
Modesto
Squirt is HOME!! He was stolen, sold, and the family who bought him saw my flyers around town. They decided to give him up in exchange for the reward. Thank you to everyone who was sending good vibes and giving ideas of how to spread the word. He is happy on his heating pad in his nightbox. Toasty and safe!

Attachments

• 20220411_100157.jpg
    20220411_100157.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Squirt is HOME!! He was stolen, sold, and the family who bought him saw my flyers around town. They decided to give him up in exchange for the reward. Thank you to everyone who was sending good vibes and giving ideas of how to spread the word. He is happy on his heating pad in his nightbox. Toasty and safe!

Oh, that's great news! I can't believe someone sold him!! 😡

So glad the flyers worked and that the family did the right thing. We were thinking of you guys ❤️

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Congratulations - I just can't imagine how awful it must have been for you. I hope you will fit something on the gate that will close it instantly when someone has opened it.
Angie

Rmgoulet1941

Modesto
Congratulations - I just can't imagine how awful it must have been for you. I hope you will fit something on the gate that will close it instantly when someone has opened it.
Angie
It was awful. Lesson learned for sure. I now have two additional key-code locks on the gate and will no longer allow guests to operate them. Ever. Seldom I have guests anyhow but this is definitely the new house rule. Also have cameras installed with noticeable signage.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
just curious, do you know how much the criminals got from the unsuspecting family? I can't believe some people... 😠

zolasmum

5 Year Member
It was awful. Lesson learned for sure. I now have two additional key-code locks on the gate and will no longer allow guests to operate them. Ever. Seldom I have guests anyhow but this is definitely the new house rule. Also have cameras installed with noticeable signage.
Maybe consider getting him microchipped too. I wouldn't do it for our little Hermann, but it would be an added protection.,and a big lad like Squirt wouldn't be bothered by it.
Angie

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Maybe consider getting him microchipped too. I wouldn't do it for our little Hermann, but it would be an added protection.,and a big lad like Squirt wouldn't be bothered by it.
Angie
I had My Sulcata microchipped in October 2021, he weighed 40 pound. It didn't seem to bother his when he got stuck, but a few minutes later he left them a large stool sample. He probably lose a couple pounds with that sample.

Barbecue

Myrtle Pt., Oregon
Totally awesome. So so so happy for u and ur Tort. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So glad you got him back, yay. I second Yvonnes post. If they know or find out he is back they will steal him again. Possibly the people that gave him back to you are the actual thieves?
Security cameras that alarms your phone and one that you can speak thru
Also bring him inside a shed/hide at night and lock it up.

Rmgoulet1941

Modesto
just curious, do you know how much the criminals got from the unsuspecting family? I can't believe some people... 😠
No idea how much...didn't want to ask too many questions because wellington might be right...they could have been the thieves themselves! Not trying to blame but definitely possible. When I did ask where/how he was sold, I got a vague answer. So I just kept it short and brought my guy straight to his yard!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Great news that Mr Squirt is back! I was wondering if you filed a police report when he was “gone missing”? Interesting that the people who claimed the reward might actually be the perps of the original theft.

Glad that he’s back & increased security measures in place.