Moderator Nomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
We will be needing trusted posters who can serve as moderators and be eager and willing to share their tortoise expertise with others. Nominate folks you think are up to the task, ultimately I'll use this thread to start appointing people as we need them.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
josh said:
We will be needing trusted posters who can serve as moderators and be eager and willing to share their tortoise expertise with others. Nominate folks you think are up to the task, ultimately I'll use this thread to start appointing people as we need them.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Cory, and I am a lifetime turtle and tortoise lover! I have the real life experience of over 18 years taking care of turtles and tortoises. And I have the education to back it up! I have finished my Bachelor's Degree in Biology and I am working on my Master's in Biology.

I am also doing genetic research on the Western Pond Turtle. This turtle is very threatened in the western states. I hope to bring them off the threatened list.

I have over 30 turtles (aquatic and terrestrial) and tortoises. I am very knowledgeable about housing, feeding, breeding, hibernation, and caring for sick ones.

Please nominate me to be a moderator for this wonderful site!

Thank you for your time,
Cory

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
I will nominate you when I can see more of your posts to see if you'd be a great moderator for this site.I have a question why do you want to be a mod?

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Hey Rees2,

I want to be a mod because I want to be able to help people learn more about these incredible creatures. I have devoted most of my life studying and caring for turtles.

I recently rescued a soft shelled turtle from being someone's dinner! A family was going to eat it, but once I found that out, I immediately got it, and put it in a pool i bought off of craigslist.

This past summer I spent a month in Mexico, in the small town of Colola, and there I was helping the jump start effort of the locals to help increase the sea turtle population. The sea turtles that I helped were the Black Sea Turtle and the Olive Ridley Sea Turtle.

I documented my entire journey and created a 20 minute long DVD. Once I figure out how to post it online, I will do so. I presented that DVD as well as 100s of pictures at my local CTTC chapter (Valley) at the last meeting.

I would love to answer any and all questions anyone has about my adventures.

-Cory

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
oooo, that video (and the photos) sound awesome! if the video file isnt too big you can use a site like www.sendspace.com to upload it

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That sounds so cool, I would love to go see and assist with a turtle or tortoise project. I have considered multiple times changing my major so that I am working with reptiles all day for my employment.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
thanks for the link josh. ill definitely look into that. if it is to big, ill break it up into different parts. i think that would make it easier to download as well.

well my major is biology, but i work for a company that does research on diabetes. so my only turtle/tortoise work is in my lab at school. but i hope to eventually get my PHD doing tortoise research at either Iowa State or UC Davis. that is where a lot of tortoise genetics research is going on.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
All nominate Spikethebest.I looked through most of his post and he seems like a trusted poster.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Rees2 said:
All nominate Spikethebest.I looked through most of his post and he seems like a trusted poster.

thank you very much. please check out the pictures i recently posted of my backyard.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
hopefully we'll grow to need many moderators ;)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I vote for Spikethebest.
Cory I was able to help release Olive Ridley hatchling in Mexico two years ago, but I would love to spend a month just helping sea turtles in Mexico. I envy you.
And I feel you'll make a great Mod.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Crazy1 said:
I vote for Spikethebest.
Cory I was able to help release Olive Ridley hatchling in Mexico two years ago, but I would love to spend a month just helping sea turtles in Mexico. I envy you.
And I feel you'll make a great Mod.

thank you very much. yea it was awesome!!! il going to post some pics of it tonight!

i hope you enjoy them.

let me know if you want to learn how to do it the best way. i want to go again, but i want to go with people. before i went by myself, it was fun, but of course it would be better with more people

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
^^ no problems!
I dont mind being basic member o_O it might be easier

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I am looking for more nominations for members who have been especially helpful and knowledgeable (and, of course, those who frequent the site). Our member base is increasing (hooray!) and I simply can't read every post every day, but I think that's a good thing...the site is growing!

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Hey I agree!! The site is huge!!! So we need more help. It's so much fun to read everyone helpful tips to keep our cute little friends happy.

So who is up to the challenge of moderating the site, keeping the peace when Josh is away, adding suggestions to increase the sites popularity and exposure, is knowledgable about tortoises, and is a present owner of tortoises.

You can nominate yourself if you want as well.

Are you guys up for the challenge?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
T-P? He really only visits rarely so I dont think he would be a good Moderator IMHO. Sorry.

*this post was made in reference to Spike nominating T-P and Crazy1 to be mods, he has apparently changed his post now which makes my post look completely random and out of place*

Status
Not open for further replies.