molldddd :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

abra

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mass
Recently I've been having a few enclosure problems/questions. So first of all I got an MVB and it burned the top of his enclosure, I was soaking him and I had just gotten it and didn't know how hot it was and it welded the top half open. That was my fault and please don't like yell at me or anything. It's still usable but I found another problem, I picked up his water bowl and found some mold. It just happened today because it wasn't there yesterday. So right now I have him in a shoe box next to me. I'll set up his light above it in a second if I can manage, maybe just the heat bulb. So here's my solution:

Should I get him a plastic tote and a light stand?
What's the cheapest light stand?
Will the tote melt?
What's the cheapest light dome thing?

I was thinking of going to home depot and getting this:

http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Or...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

And I heard they have the cheapest light fixtures?

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
well I never saw a picture of his enclosure I dont think so i dont know how it was set up. was the mvb on a screen? All you really need is a few pieces of wood to make a light stand. The tote will note melt I had Chevy in a tote with an MVB and there was no melting issues. The tote at home depot looks nice and big you will probably want to cut the top in half so there is one closed are and one open area. Also in the enclosed half cut a square whole in it and put a CHE above that so it will also let light in and have some heat. I would get rid of the substrate just to be safe and put some fresh stuff in there. You have to turn it every day to make sure it doesnt mold.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Okay thanks Marty! Now I just have to get one of my parents to bring me...grrrr!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What kind of substrate are you using?

I wouldn't keep him in a shoebox...just scoop out the substrate with the mold on it.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
MVB come in various sizes. What size is yours? When I switched to MVB, the vendor had me get the large, deep dome, so the bulb is completely inside the dome. I use a 100 watt MVB, and it puts out more heat than a 100 watt heat lamp. It was too hot for my smaller plastic tote, but works well in the Christmas tree storage box. As someone on this forum said, you end up buying various heat sources in various sizes and use what works best in each situation.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Okay, first off I use cypress mulch/coconut coir mix. The problem was that my step dad didn't mix up his substrate while I was on "vacation" for 4 days. Next time, which wont be for a whhiilllleeee, I will give full instructions like written down for him. I'm about to post a thread with his new enclosure in a 54 gallon rubbermaid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.