more redfoot torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
I recently rescued a redfoot from someone who got it from a friend that was not caring for it properly, turns out they have 2 more redfoot tortoises they asked if I want them. Of course I do but they think the 2 others are bigger than the one I already got. How much indoor space would be the minimum for 3 full grown redfoot? Do they get along well enough to be housed together or like Russians would it be better for individual houses? And if individual what's the minimum indoor space for one?

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Redfoots usually do well in groups....I would ask for some shell pics and maybe you can see what sexes they are. TAKE THEM EITHER WAY....and if you can't keep em, someone here can I'm sure.

0.0.1 Red Foot
0.0.1 Crested Gecko
0.1.0 Dachshund

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
I'm sure I can keep them the problem is I'm not sure I can afford go give them more then a
1 or 2 50gal totes each, for a few months anyway. I am on a budget and would slowly be able to build a big one but it would be piece by piece. What would the min space be, I know bigger is always better and I'll give them as much as I can but I have to make sure it's even feasible.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
jjsull33 said:
I'm sure I can keep them the problem is I'm not sure I can afford go give them more then a
1 or 2 50gal totes each, for a few months anyway. I am on a budget and would slowly be able to build a big one but it would be piece by piece. What would the min space be, I know bigger is always better and I'll give them as much as I can but I have to make sure it's even feasible.

Minimum I would say of two 50g each would be best....but anything is going to be better than what they had...so they could share 2 50s and maybe you connect all 4 and give em all one big 200gallon with the 3of them.

0.0.1 Red Foot
0.0.1 Crested Gecko
0.1.0 Dachshund

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
That's what I was thinking for now. How about a 4ft by 6ft table? It's a closed chamber table I use for my Russians, but if I fix it up and seal it a bit better I could use it for them instead, big enough for them all?

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I think it would work. Where will your Russians go?

0.0.1 Red Foot
0.0.1 Crested Gecko
0.1.0 Dachshund

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
They are going to live outside all summer and the plan is to have new tables for them before the end of summer.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Sounds like a good plan:)

0.0.1 Red Foot
0.0.1 Crested Gecko
0.1.0 Dachshund

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
And the verdict is in!

I will be rescuing 2 more redfoot torts, one is 10 inches and the other 7 inches (these are approximate measurements from the middle man that helped me rescue the last one) Once I find out genders I will either house all 3 together or separate them accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.