Moutaintortoise.com

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico

I do not find anyone's footprint on this webpage other than many references to the TSA... I don't know who.

But it's a very informative and valuable resource for info. Check it out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wonder why they didn't include impressa.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Probably because of the size difference. but other than that everything else is pretty much the same. One difference I did notice is the Impressa (giving the chance to) didn't settle in at night to catch the first sun rays the next morning. But I only raised one impressed tortoise so this really does.t make it fact. Another thing not mentioned was that the emys emys hatch out black and turn browner with age and the phayrei hatch out brown and turn black with age. It might not be important but interesting.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I was wondering the same thing, but started to think there’s gotta be a legit reason.
Maybe because they may not be working with them; or if they are, they don’t have enough information/experience/insight,etc; or maybe they aren’t ready to release information to the public quite yet.
Maybe I’ll ask them

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Good idea. Please report what you find out.
I was wondering the same thing, but started to think there’s gotta be a legit reason.
Maybe because they may not be working with them; or if they are, they don’t have enough information/experience/insight,etc; or maybe they aren’t ready to release information to the public quite yet.
Maybe I’ll ask them

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Good idea. Please report what you find out.

Here is what John wrote back:
“Completely agree, I'd love to add Manouria Impressa to mountaintortoise.com; takes time to gather good content and need to make sure it's accurate.

They're an order of magnitude harder to work with than the other Mountain tortoises and pretty rare in the US. I know the TSA, some zoos, and a few friends work with them but haven't aggressively pursued web content yet.

If anyone with Manouria Impressa experience sees this post and would like to provide input/pictures for adding impressa to mountaintortoise.com, please drop me a note at [email protected]
Thank you,
John”