Moving-North Carolina from CA-any thoughts

Bryanvh

5 Year Member
I am moving from CA to North Carolina, driving cross country and taking our Sulcata with us.

Any thing we should be concerned with, or on the look out for. I think I will have time to get ready for winter housing, as it will be a little colder there and in CA (we do get some nights into the 20degrees),

Can he stay in the car carrier all day, with a limited walking period. We will bring him into the hotel a night.

Do we have to do anything to move him across state lines?

Currently he is about 5 years old and weighs over 40 lbs and been part of the family for 3 years.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Attachments

• IMG_2063.JPG
    IMG_2063.JPG
    708.7 KB · Views: 28

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
From what I heard, a car rides does make them poop, a lot, so be prepared for that.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I don't think there should be any problems crossing state lines . People from all over the country purchase them and ship them via air and truck transportation ! :)

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
There's no problem crossing state lines. How many days will you be traveling? He should be fine in a carrier all day. We moved our sulcata when he was 5, but it was a much shorter trip. Any car trip is stressful if they aren't used to it. When they are stressed, they poop. It might be less stressful to keep him enclosed in a dark space so he'll just sleep.