Moving to a new apartment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
I haven't been on much with finals, my small zoo, work and APARTMENT HUNTING! We looked at a couple places before we found this one :)

Its a two bedroom, 1 1/2 bath and MUCH larger than the place we have now! Also, the landlords know about all my critters and have given me their blessing. At the current place, I was kinda living the whole--what they don't know, won't hurt them philosophy (bad I know heh)

Anyway, here are a couple shots of the key rooms I took tonight after we signed the lease. I'll post more once we are all moved in.

Right when you walk in, you see this: (Kitchen, full bathroom to the left, living room to the right)
NewApartment05-22-10027.jpg

Living room
NewApartment05-22-10029.jpg

NewApartment05-22-10040.jpg

And this is my favorite part! We are using the bigger bedroom (if all goes as planned lol) as my reptile room! Everyone but the rescued tort should be going in this room, along with the computer. Its alot bigger than the picture shows---I couldn't get a great angle, and I was kinda excited so I snapped pictures willy nilly.
NewApartment05-22-10033.jpg

Its got a big picture window that should let in alot of light! I'm tickled pink to have all my kids in one room, instead of spread out all over the place.

Sorry to those of you with custom jewelry orders ;) You guys kinda got tossed to the wayside, but I'll include something extra when those orders are shipped to make up for it.

We start moving things in tomorrow!

More pictures to come!

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Congrats on the new pad! I like the wood floors. Do you get any yard area?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Cool..pad Meg ! ... LOve the hardwood floors. and OH boy ...a whole room for HERPS! :D
CONGRADS!
JD~:)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yes, only Meg would be excited about using the larger bedroom for her reptile collection! ;)

How nice to have all those windows to keep that cheery light streaming in! :D

Happy box moving! :rolleyes:

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congrats Meg! I love the your new apartment, it has huge windows, I love that. I can't wait to see your reptile room, I am sure it is going to look amazing :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What a nice looking apartment Meg. I love the fact that you'll get your reptile room with lots of sun. Can't wait for the rest of the pictures when you are completely moved in.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Thanks everyone! I am packing up stuff today, as much as I can so we can get out of our current place asap--its so hot in here today. I have a fan and humidifier running full tilt in the bedroom where the geckos are, and its still almost 80F in there. They cannot be at 80F and over. It will kill them. Its over 80F in the livingroom, where the torts are, even with a fan running on high, and all the windows open

So far I have all the loose stuff packed up in the living room here--I'm going to be putting tort bins on the floor for a bit, while we move their stands over. I plan on doing all the reptiles, or nearly all of them, in one trip. First the stands, then the kids---

Tomorrow is my 3 yr anniversary with Reid, and we will probably spend it moving :rolleyes: gotta do what you gotta do, eh?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What's a better way to spend an anniversary then moving in with the one you love? ;)

S

Scooter

Congrats on the new reptile room! I would love to have a whole room just for torts!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
So I assume no a/c in the place? I hope you can get the temp down so you can move in the geckos. Reminds me of last summer here where it was in the 90s in the house and poor Trevor was even warm (we had to keep him in the dark to cool him down).

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
We have a window air conditioner that will go in the new apartment. Its nice and cool in there now--the place we have now is poorly insulated. If its cold out, its freezing in here, if its hot out, we live in an oven. Its only like 80 outside--I am going to be soooooo happy to be in the nice big living room :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ohh I love it!! Very nice :)
Much nicer than my old apartment on campus- ugh :p

Congrats on your 3-year anniversary :D

Status
Not open for further replies.