Moving house, to a apartment

Kitkat1989

So long story short I am moving out of my current house to a apartment for 6 months then in to a bigger house with a better garden, my hermann will have no access to a garden for 6 months which in the uk it is going to be cold for these months but I am worried about how I am going to get weeds for him. Any suggestions to how to make this transition easier for him

phebe121

Maybe grow your own grass and dig up some weeds and.plant them

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
Buy dandelion leaves and using grocery greens while trying to provide a well balanced diet will help... Maybe get mazuri for your totoise? Grow edible indoor plants? Petunias, aloe vera (feed in moderation), pansies, Christmas cactus (feed in moderation)...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I wouldn't worry about it. Just try to find some of the packaged salads. I think in the UK you have Rockette, Florette Crispy, Dole Seven Lettuces, etc. Then you can wander your new neighborhood looking for weeds to pick. Be sure to wash them well once you get them home. My sister lives in Oregon and she goes around her neighborhood with a plastic bag and a pair of scissors looking for edible weeds. ("There goes that crazy old tortoise lady")