Moving from GA to CA

Borgijo

Location (City and/or State)
Ca
I have three leopard tortoises 2 males, Squirt & Bandit and a female, Jewel. They are 4, 2 & 2 yrs old and weigh 2084g-2759g. I will be moving from GA to CA in a couple months and am wondering how the move will effect my babies. I originally was going to try to sell them as much as it pains me but the car ride I’m afraid is going to stress them out. But really my second thought is, would it be any more or less stress then shipping them if someone bought them? I’m breaking my traveling up. We will be headed to Oklahoma first so the tortoise enclosure, torts, a dog and my two boys & I would drive to Oklahoma. So two days there, be there in their original enclosure for 6 weeks then to CA, another two days. Opinions, suggestions??

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
As long as you contour temperatures, they should make the trip fine.

What part of CA? They should do well for you anywhere in the Southern portion.

Borgijo

Ca
As long as you contour temperatures, they should make the trip fine.

What part of CA? They should do well for you anywhere in the Southern portion.

San Diego area

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They should do fine. I would box them all separate. Give them a good soak before you box them up to leave. If your driving straight through, I wouldn't feed them that day until you get too CA. If your stopping for the night, I would feed them and soak them at the stop over.