Moving....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corfu, Greece
Hi all,

Once again I have to call on your experience. I've googled this but cant find anything useful so help please??

I am moving in a few months, from Greece to Spain. Both EU states, and obviously I HAVE to take my torts with me.

I cannot find any info on legalities, other than some info regarding proof of ownership - mine are wild not bought so I have to get a Vet to do something - no idea how I'll do this!!!

All of them are Hermanns, registered as endangered species in the UK so there is a lot of info about not being allowed to take them to Britain but I cant find anything on moving between EU countries other then the UK.

And that's before I even get on to the 6 eggs I've got incubating at the moment..... hopefully they'll hatch before moving day otherwise they will have to be left with a friend as movement of eggs is strictly a no-no!!

Any ideas anyone??? If I cant move them then we aren't going...!!

Thanks in advance....

Helen

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Wow, that is a lot to worry about! I am sure someone will be by shortly to help you out! I hope it all works out! Wishing you the best!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Seriously, I don't know who in here would really know the correct information and details. I would highly suggest you go over to the Shelled Warriors tortoise site. (without looking, I think this is the addy: http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk). They are based in the UK and somebody there will know.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Thanks Torty Mom Got 2 highly stressed kids who have managed to convince themselves that Daddy's new job is going to deprive them of their animals - cats are easy, Chels not so much!!

I'm so excited about the eggs - and cant bear the thought of leaving them - but I will NOT go without my tortoises, the other half knows this, and is staying very quiet about it all but I can tell he's feeling the pressure right now!!

Jacqui - Thank you. Have registered and posed the question on there too.

Helen x

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Hi
I moved from England to Canada with a Hermanns tortoise-it was a lot of paperwork but very doable. he missed his connecting flight though-being slow and all that(seriously he did) He turned up in Winnipeg the day after we expected him, no problems.

I hope you can source the info you need-I'm sure that if we can come to Canada , you can move more easily within the EU with your torts especially as you already have them as pets.

Good Luck

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
One of our members - Stazz - lives in Dubai. I think she is familiar with the rules. Her CP is here:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/User-Stazz#axzz1buMgGOlx

Another member who shares my name (Yvonne), lives in Spain, but I'll be darned if I can come up with her username. Come on folks...help me. She is pretty knowledgeable of the rules too.

bikerchicspain!!! That's it. Her CP is:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/User-bikerchicspain#axzz1buNrXmNI

If you go to their CP you will see how to contact them either by PM or email.

Status
Not open for further replies.