I'm moving!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
I'm finally moving out of my apartment on wednesday!!! I'm moving to a single family house with 1 acre of land. I'm really excited to have more space for my torts but I'm stressing out a little about the moving process itself. I'm moving my tortoises on tuesday evening so that they'll be settled in before I move all the furniture and parrots/rabbits on wednesday. I'm only moving about 25 minutes west of where I live now, but the tortoises are going to have to be in a carrier or something for at least a couple hours while I move all of their stuff in and set it up. I am moving them into a new, bigger enclosure so it'll take a little longer to get all the temps right before I can put them in. On to my question/concern: what is the best way to keep my Leopards warm and secure during the drive and while I set up their new enclosure?

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Your torts will be just fine. Think of the torts that are shipped.
We take our tortoises (11) up to our mountain place every summer. They travel without problems.
Glad your getting a house!!
I'm sure your parrot will also enjoy a cool backyard to get his sunshine in. :)

How old are your Leopards?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
This time of year, keeping them from getting too warm might be more of a concern.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
They are both 11 months old. I'm thinking about using a couple of my parrot carriers for the transport. They are well ventilated but secure. And the parrots will be thrilled to have more outdoor space...and the dog...and the bunnies.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
This time if year, keeping from getting too warm might be more of a concern.
That is a good point. The room they're enclosure is going to be in stays pretty warm so I guess they'll be good just hanging out in the carriers while I set up their stuff.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I would put them in a box that's dark. They will be less stressed. They will probably just sleep in the dark.

Kyle

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hope it all went well and that everyone settles into their new home quickly.
Best wishes in your new life.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Hope it all went well and that everyone settles into their new home quickly.
Best wishes in your new life.
Thank you! Everyone is all settled in. Still fine tuning temps and need to pick up some more decorations/landscaping stuff but other than that all is well:)