Multivitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam22188

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Mill, SC
Does anybody give their torts multivitamins? If so what brand do you use and how often do you use it?

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
According to some studies (that I cannot find links to right now), a lot of pet vitamins and many foreign and 'off-label' brands of vitamins do not have what they claim to have, and, within reason, 'vitamins are vitamins'. That is, as long as you are using a good brand, the major differences are the exact ratios of nutrients- which probably don't usually need to be real exact.

So, what I do is to use some crushed human multi-vitamins at the rate of a small pinch a couple times a week for 4 torts that are a year old. This way, I know they are reasonably fresh since I take them too (a couple tablets a week). Heck, as little as I use for them, I can crush a bit of one and still have plenty for me for the day!

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
The method Mark(madkins)is using is about the only one I heard of people using to any extent. There are reptile multivitamins,but I have never used them.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I don't use a any vitamins or calcium additives ....but my guys are outside all season and sleeping during the winter months.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.